The Junior Library contains over 5000 fiction and non-fiction books for children with more than twenty new releases every month. Children will enjoy the collection of picture books and chapter books. There is also a wide selection of books for young adults and concept books for toddlers.
About Junior Library
Junior Library Activities & Workshops
Local authors are invited to host story time and we also offer a variety of workshops & activities throughout the year.
ATTENTION TO PARENTS
Please remember that the Junior Library is also following a colour coded system which is a quick and easy way to simplify age group book searches.
YELLOW – Learning to Read - stages 1, 2 (ages 4 - 7)
ORANGE – Chapter Books (ages 6 - 9)
BLUE – Young Fiction (ages 10 plus)
BLACK – Non Fiction
GREEN – Classics
*Take note of the ‘parental guidance’ sign on the cover of each red-tagged book.
Monday: 3pm to 6pm
Tuesday to Sunday & Public Holidays: 10am to 6:30pm.
RESERVATIONS, RETURNS AND RENEWALS
- Each child can borrow up to 4 books at a time.
- New and old books can be taken out for a two week loan period and can be renewed for an unlimited number of two week periods, provided no other member has reserved it.
- Parents cannot loan out books in the Junior Library. Only children below 14 are allowed to take out books in the Junior Library.
- Reserved books can be kept for one week only.
- In case a book is lost or defaced, the Library will charge the member for the cost of the book only.