The Junior Library contains over 9000 fiction and non-fiction books for children with more than twenty new releases every month. Children can enjoy a collection of picture books and chapter books. There is also a wide selection of books for young adults and concept books for toddlers.
About Junior Library
Monday: 3pm to 6pm
Tuesday to Sunday & Public Holidays: 10am to 6:30pm.
RETURNS, RENEWALS AND RESERVATIONS
- Each person in one membership is allowed to borrow a maximum of four items (books/DVDs) at a time.
- New and old books/DVDs can be taken out for a two week loan period and can be renewed for an unlimited number of two week periods, provided no other member has reserved it.
- Reserved books/DVDs can be kept for one week only.
ATTENTION TO PARENTS
Please remember that the Junior Library is also following a colour coded system which is a quick and easy way to simplify age group book searches.
*Take note of the ‘parental guidance’ sign on the cover of each red-tagged book.
- Pink - Concept Books/Picture Books (ages 0-4)
- Yellow - Learning to Read (ages 4-7)
- Orange - Chapter Books (ages 6-9)
- Blue - Young Fiction (ages 10 and above)
- Red - Young Adult (ages 13 and above)*
- Black - Junior Nonfiction
- Green - Classics
LATE, LOST AND DEFACED BOOK/DVD CHARGES
Late book/DVD charges:
HK$6 on the first week
HK$8 on the second week
HK$12 from the third week onwards.
In case of a lost or defaced book/DVD, the Library will charge the member for the replacement cost of the item.
Junior Library Activities & Workshops
Local authors are invited to host story time and we also offer a variety of workshops & activities throughout the year.
COMMENTS & SUGGESTIONS
If you have any suggestions regarding the Junior Library or if you have new books to suggest for purchase, please contact the Library on 3199-3500 ext.1177 or send an email to the following address: email@example.com.