The Adult Library contains over 5000 titles from a broad range of categories. Every month, new titles are chosen based on top reviews from major English-language newspapers and literary publications throughout the world. Book suggestions from Members are always welcome.
About Adult Library
Study & Business Center
The Adult Library provides four computer terminals with internet access and a "hot zone" service for notebook computers with wireless internet access. Study carrels and work tables are available for students doing homework after school. Printing, photocopy and scanning services are available in the business centre for a nominal charge.
LRC Authors Collection
The Library invites all Members who are published authors to donate a copy of their personal publications to the library. These will, from time to time, be part of a special display to showcase our Members’ works.
RETURNS, RENEWALS AND RESERVATIONS
- Books can be taken out for two weeks at a time.
- A new book can be renewed for one week only (a ‘new book’ is one that has been purchased in the past three months), provided no one else has reserved it.
- An old book can be renewed for two weeks at a time (an ‘old book’ is one that was purchased over three months ago), providing nobody else has reserved it.
- A reserved book will be held by the library for one week only, once the member reserving the book has been notified.
- Members can only borrow a maximum of two new books and four old books at a time (total of six books).
- Members who have overdue book(s) for a period of six weeks, will be charged a fine of $500 per book. It will cover the late fines and the cost of the book.
- Books can be renewed by telephone on 3199 3901 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
LATE AND LOST BOOK CHARGES
- Late book charge for new books: HK$10 per day.
- Late book charge for old books: HK$5 per day.
- In case of a lost book, the Library will charge the Member the full cost of replacing the book.
COMMENTS & SUGGESTIONS
If you have any suggestions regarding the Library or if you have new books to suggest for purchase, please contact the Library on 3199 3900 or send an email to the following address: email@example.com.
|Monday - Sunday (for ages 13 & above)||10am - 8pm|
|Monday - Friday = Homework Hours (for ages 12 & under)||3pm - 6pm|
|Monday - Sunday (for ages 18 or above)||8am - 10am|
|Monday - Sunday (for ages 18 or above)||8pm - 10pm|